Vulnerability Management (VM) is key to a mature security program, helping organizations reduce their overall business risk. However, VM scanning tools often generate so many vulnerabilities that remediation teams can be overwhelmed as they have limited resources to patch the hosts and devices identified as requiring updates. The Risk-Based Vulnerability Management (RBVM) solution prioritizes remediations in relation to your business environment and includes on-going management of your vulnerability management technology in accordance with the vendors’ recommended best practices.
Knowing what is most critical in your environment is key to reducing your risk. Proficio’s RBVM prioritizes vulnerabilities based on the risk of a vulnerability being exploited in the context of your industry vertical, the criticality of the asset, and the level of known activity in the wild.
This approach ensures that patching and remediation efforts have the greatest impact on reducing business risk. Risk scores are updated with live data, shared with the remediation team, and adjusted risk scores can be previewed before deploying a patch. Proficio also provides flexible reporting and remediation workflow tools via on-demand portal.
- Risk-based prioritization so you better understand your vulnerabilities
- Integration of your policies and framework
- Recommendations that go beyond just patching a host or device
- Help your team focus on the critical patches
- Weekly remediation review meetings with RBVM experts
- Metrics tracking and historical comparisons