This Privacy Notice describes how ProSOC, Inc. dba Proficio (“Company”, “we”, “our” or “us”) collects, uses, maintains, and protects your personal data. This Privacy Notice applies to information we collect:
- On www.proficio.com (this “Website”),
- In email, text, and other electronic messages (including chat) between you and this Website,
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website,
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this Privacy Note,
- On any other digital services and platforms officially operated or used by the us from time to time referencing this privacy link (“Sites”) and
- Through direct mail or by phone.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to information collected by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), through the third-party website, application, or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Please read this notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
Our collection of your information is limited to data that can usually be found on a business card or publicly available website (e.g., LinkedIn) including: first name, last name, job title, employer name, work address, work email, and work phone number.
We do not collect sensitive personal information such as social security numbers, credit card information, or dates of birth.
We may additionally collect information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
- FLASH COOKIES
- WEB BEACONS
Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To share promotions, news alerts, and/or other communications related to cyber security and our Company.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide as described in this Privacy Notice:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates on a need-to-know basis and are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential.
- To contractors, service providers, employees and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
Proficio is headquartered in the United States. Information we collect about (see Section II) will be processed in the United States. By using the Website or access/use through any collection method defined in Section I above, you acknowledge that your personal information will be processed in the United States.
Depending on the circumstance, Proficio also collects and transfers to the U.S. personal data with consent or to perform a contract with you.
We strive to provide you with transparency regarding choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. At any time, you may exercise the followings rights with respect to your personal information by contacting email@example.com:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise your privacy rights at any time.
We may request certain information to verify your identity before disclosing personal information or complying with any request. We reserve all rights to decline a request if we are unable to authenticate you or we believe complying with the request would violate any law or legal requirement.
Article 13 of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) affords users of our Website who are Data Subjects within the meaning of GDPR the right to request access to and rectification/deletion of personal data, to object to processing, the right to data portability, and the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority, among other rights. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or contact us at the address below. Our lawful bases for processing your information under GDPR include one or more of the following: your consent, to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, fulfillment of legal obligations, and legitimate interests, specifically including commercial interests.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at the address below.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to our Website or services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Privacy Notice on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you by email to the primary email address specified in your account and/or through a notice on the Website home page. The date this Privacy Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com
For UK residents, we have appointed GRCI Law Limited to act as our UK Representative. If you wish to exercise your rights under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or have any queries in relation to your rights or privacy matters generally, please email our Representative, Dr. Loredana Tassone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include “Proficio” when contacting our representative.
Residents (outside UK)
For all residents outside of the UK, questions, comments, or requests to exercise your privacy rights may be directed to our headquarters at:
2177 Salk Ave, Suite 100
Carlsbad, California 92008
United States of America
or via our toll-free number: