CARLSBAD – September 21, 2022 – Proficio, a leading Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service provider, today announced their significant growth in the first half of 2022, as well as a top 25 placement in MSSP Alert’s recent MSSP 250.
Proficio has continued to see steady growth since its founding in 2010. For the first half of their fiscal year, they had a 60% growth in their Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service business. Additionally, Proficio is excited to once again be placed in the top spot on MSSP Alert’s Top 250 MSSP list for 2022. This list annually identifies and honors the top MSSPs, MDR, and Security Operations Center as a Service (SOCaaS) providers worldwide. Proficio has moved up four spots this year, from number 27 in 2021.
In addition, Proficio has announced several key new hires and strategic promotions to grow their expanding business.
- Nathaniel O’Brien joins Proficio from Tanium, where he served as Director of Product Management. He brings a wealth of industry experience with a passion for gaining outcomes from technology to help lead the strategic direction of Proficio.
- Tim DeMarco joins Proficio from PagerDuty, as their Senior Director of Partnerships and Alliances. He has extensive industry experience on the sales and partnership side and will be leading the charge to build up their alliance partnerships and drive continued growth in the channel partner space.
- Jessica Doyle has been promoted to Head of Global SOC Operations and will now lead Proficio’s three global SOCs, focusing on analysis and investigations, incident response, threat intelligence, and operational excellence.
- Bryan Borra has been promoted to Proficio’s Head of Global Threat Detection, where he will help their teams better leverage advanced capabilities. including big data, SOAR, and machine learning, to continually enhance threat detection and response for their global clients.
- James Crabb has been promoted to Vice President, Global Engineering and Managed Services, where he will continue to spearhead their growth of managed security services and managed endpoint detection and response.
“We are excited about the continued growth and industry recognition for Proficio in the MDR and Managed Security Services sector,” says Brad Taylor, CEO. “It’s an honor to once again be recognized as a top managed security service provider by MSSP Alert and continues to demonstrate the dedication of our team and our focus on bringing our clients unapparelled value. With our new leadership team, alongside the significant investments made in advanced managed detection and response technologies, we will continue to see improvements that help our clients stay better protected.”
Proficio delivers an array of security services, including 24/7 security monitoring, incident alerting, and response capabilities from a global network of Security Operations Centers (SOCs). To further help their customers to reduce risk and meet their security and compliance goals, they have a comprehensive security offering, including Risk-Based Vulnerability Management (RBVM), Identity Threat Detection and Response (ITDR), and Managed Infrastructure Services.
Founded in 2010, Proficio is an award-winning managed detection and response (MDR) service provider. We help prevent cybersecurity breaches by performing and enabling responses to attacks, compromises, and policy violations. We have been recognized in Gartner’s Market Guide for MDR services annually since 2017. Our team of experts provides 24/7 security monitoring and alerting from global security operations centers (SOCs) in San Diego, Barcelona, and Singapore. www.proficio.com